For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, we, Weaving Webs Limited are the Data Controller and Processor for https://www.weavingwebs.co.uk (The Site).
The GDPR 2018 will introduce the following principles to UK law:
- Lawful, fair and transparent processing of data
- The purpose for which personal data is collected must be specified, explicit and legitimate, and the data must be processed in a manner that remains compatible with the initial purpose for which it is collected
- Data is not excessive and remains adequate and relevant data to the purpose
- Accuracy of data is maintained
- Data is stored for no longer than necessary
- Appropriate measures are taken to ensure data is processed in a secure manner
By making submitting your personal data via this web site, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of it as set out below. Please do not use this website if you do not agree with any of the following.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
If just browsing The Site, our servers and cookies collect the following generic information about you;
- The Operating System you use e.g. Windows
- The Browser you use e.g. Safari or Google Chrome
- The device you are using to view this website e.g. Desktop or Mobile
- General Demographics e.g. Gender, Age Bracket & Broad Location
- Your IP Address
- Your Behaviour on our Site e.g. Page Views, Link Clicks etc.
Only when voluntarily completing a form on The Site, do we then have access to the following information:
- E-mail Address
- First & Last Name
- Telephone Number
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Cookies (Please refer to the Overview Table in the Cookies section below)
- Contact Forms
- Newsletter Sign Up Form
- Third-Party Review Sites
- There are certain Weaving Webs locations where CCTV has been installed for security reasons to monitor any criminal activity. If you would like further information on this, please contact us via email@example.com.
We store cookies on your computer to identify that you have been to our site before, and to personalise certain content based on previous behaviour. We do use third party cookies to track data. We also use remarketing cookies to log when users view specific pages on our site, in order for us to provide targeted advertising in the future. A summary of the cookies used on this Site and what they are used for can be viewed below.
http://www.google.com/settings/ads. If you would not like to be tracked during your visit you can install a Do Not Track Plugin for Google Chrome or enable the Do Not Track feature in Firefox. You can also visit http://www.aboutCookies.org/ or http://cookiepedia.co.uk/ for further information how to manage and delete Cookies.
|_ga||weavingwebs.co.uk||Google Analytics Tracking – helps to understand how users engage with the website (collected in anonymised format)|
|_gali||weavingwebs.co.uk||Google Analytics Tracking – universal figures (collected in anonymised format)|
|_gat||weavingwebs.co.uk||Google Analytics Tracking – used to calculate loading time (collected in anonymised format)|
|_gid||weavingwebs.co.uk||Google Analytics Tracking – used to distinguish users from each other (collected in anonymised format)|
|gwcc||weavingwebs.co.uk||Can track how many calls we received from our Google Phone Number|
|cookie-agreed||weavingwebs.co.uk||Process of user agreeing to cookie pop-up when first visiting website|
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To enable us to communicate with users that contact us through our Site.
- To respond to specific enquiries and queries
- For resolving complaints and dealing with disputes
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- For preventing and detecting fraudulent or criminal activity
- If you have given us your consent to receive marketing communications by email, are a customer of ours or you have previously asked us for information about our services, we may send you marketing messages by email. However, in every marketing email message we send you, we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailings altogether.
- For internal research/analysis and customer profiling.
Please note the usage as outlined above applied to all information we hold about you, however we obtain it during your journey with us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses. We collect GDPR readiness statements from all of our trusted third parties, which are available on request.
- You have the right at any time to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
- The GDPR 2018 gives you the right to check that your personal data is being processed lawfully. Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with the act. Any subject access request must be made in writing to email@example.com
- If you would like amendments made to your data e.g. change of name or contact details, please contact us at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this web site, therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure (both technologically and physically) and to try to prevent any unauthorised access to it. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
If at any point you suspect or become aware of a breach in security, or receive suspicious communications from someone claiming to be from Weaving Webs, please let us know immediately via email@example.com.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
ATTRIBUTIONS FOR ICONS USED ON THIS SITE